Haute Couture: Intensive
(Tambour Beading Levels 1 & 2)
Suitable for beginners and novices alike.
London, United Kingdom
Location: Hand & Lock, 86 Margaret Street, W1W 8TE, London, United Kingdom
Daily Time: 10:00 - 4:30 with 1 hour Lunch break (not provided)
Date: 3rd July- 7th July2017
In celebration of our 250th anniversary, Hand & Lock will be teaching the famous embroidery technique, Tambour beading. Join us to study the technique that has been popular on International Catwalks and seen in shows by Elie Saab and Oscar De La Renta. Tambour beading also known as Lunéville or Crochet de Lunéville is a French Haute Couture technique where beads or sequins can be attached to a fabric. The embroidery is done with a hook working through a fabric stretched tight as a drum. Students will learn how to create a design, set up a full size frame and how to work the hook through the fabric without catching before learning the technique.
- Introduction to Hand & Lock.
- Set Up a full size frame. .
- Learn the chain stitch as well as becoming comfortable with the tambour hook on plain opaque fabric
- Learn how to add beads to threads and attach to fabric using the chain stitch
- Learn how to attach sequins.
- Move onto Larger more complex design
- Learn the Vermicelli technique.
- Continue on larger design
- Learn Pulled Stitch technique.
- Recap over work and discuss any unanswered questions.
Full Class Structure available on request
All Materials are provided
Upon completion of the class students can request an official Hand and Lock certificate detailing the new skills mastered.